Relecting On The Abs Diet, The Start Of Insanity, And More
So I completed 90 days of P90X using The Abs Diet as a basis for my nutrition. Here are some of my random thoughts on The Abs Diet:
- The one thing they are not real good on explaining in the book is how you must adjust your intake to your body composition, especially if you train more than what is in the book. But, then again, they only want you to focus on what is in the book, so that may have something to do with it.
- This nutrition is very easy to follow overall.
- I found it best to use The Abs Diet principles keeping in mind the calorie recommendations from the P90X guide and how to guess portions from the P90X guide.
- If the P90X nutrition guide is hard for you to follow, this is a great book to buy and follow.
- I think I’ll buy the cookbook.
Overall, I’m please with how easy The Abs Diet was to follow. I did find it necessary to blend the two nutrition guides for optimal results though. The Abs diet workouts are short and not as intense as P90X workouts, nor are they as complete. But I’m sure they would suffice. I may do a round of the workouts later this year just for something different, possibly between Thanksgiving and the cruise.
Now….to my next challenge.
Today, I start Insanity. This is probably the hardest 60 days Beachbody has ever put out. It’s not meant to be easy. It is meant to break you down continuously, partly by the difficulty of the routines, and partly from the push that Shaun T wants to give you.
Here’s my focus:
I’m starting at 2400-2500 calories. I don’t want to lose any weight, only fat. So I’m going to focus more on protein than what the Insanity guide gives and keep carbs controlled. If I start bonking more during the routines, I’ll slowly increase carbs in the form of veggies at first. I’m digging into whether to start higher than that calorie range and just focus on getting rid of the next 5-10 pounds of flab and put 5-10 pounds of muscle on.
So be watching my blog for Insanity results and post. It’s going to be a rough but fun 63 days!